Elvis’ Graceland Named Most Popular Museum in the U.S.
MEMPHIS, TN - CIRCA 1957: Rock and roll singer Elvis Presley strolls the grounds of his Graceland estate in circa 1957. (Photo by Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images)
Mansion-Turned-Museum Owned by the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll is the Most Popular Museum in the Country
A study done by Airport Parking Reservations evaluated search volume and Google reviews of museums in the United States to determine a positivity score based on visitor’s online discourse.
With over 1.2 million reviews, over 40,000 monthly searches, and a positivity score of 19.5%, the winner is… Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee! The museum was in competition with the likes of The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York and The Art Institute of Chicago in Illinois, which took the second and third spaces, respectively.
What Makes Graceland So Special?
Graceland is the former residence of Rock ‘n’ Roll legend Elvis Presley and was converted into a museum after his passing. The 200,000-square-foot entertainment complex features museums, restaurants, gift shops, and more.
A few things that set Graceland apart:
- The estate is nearly 85-years-old! Construction on the property initially began in 1939.
- It is the world’s largest Elvis museum with a vast number of gold and platinum albums and singles, as well as many of the awards won by Elvis that can be seen on display.
- Many personal touches crafted by Elvis himself can be seen throughout the complex – including the kidney-shaped swimming pool and the famous music gates.
- Visitors can get a sense of what it was like to live the lifestyle of a rockstar by stepping aboard Elvis’ airplanes or taking an up close look at his bejeweled jumpsuits and stage costumes.
- It includes a fully-immersive experience where fans have the opportunity to get closer to Elvis than ever before via new virtual and augmented reality.
Whether it be motivated by nostalgia or a fondness for the late-musician, the museum is frequented by hundreds of thousands of people every year, and the vast majority leave with a positive experience, as evidenced by this study.
How Can You Visit Graceland?
Graceland is open daily and offers a range of ticket options, as well as a variety of tours and excursions, so you can craft a personalized experience for you and your group. The estate is located just four miles from the Memphis International Airport.
Learn more at Graceland.com
Be sure to stop by and see the iconic destination for yourself the next time you are in Tennessee!