Trisha Yearwood & Wynonna Judd Release “Cry Myself To Sleep” Duet
Trisha Yearwood / Instagram
Wynonna Judd & Trisha Yearwood Remake The Judds’ “Cry Myself To Sleep” For Upcoming Tribute Album
A total of 14 tracks appear on the album, featuring an all-star cast of artists. Many of the tracks are collaborations between artists. Some highlights include a “Love Is Alive” duet between Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton and a “Mama He’s Crazy” collaboration between Lainey Wilson and Dolly Parton.
View the full list of tracks below:
1. “Girls Night Out” – Reba McEntire, Carly Pearce, Jennifer Nettles, Gabby Barrett
2. “Mama He’s Crazy’ – Lainey Wilson and Dolly Parton
3. “Why Not Me” – Megan Moroney
4. “Grandpa (Tell Me ‘Bout the Good Old Days)” – Cody Johnson (Feat. Sonya Isaacs)
5. “Rockin’ With the Rhythm of the Rain” – Ashley McBryde and Shelly Fairchild
6. “Young Love (Strong Love)” – Ella Langley and Jamey Johnson
7. “Have Mercy” – LeAnn Rimes
8. “Love Is Alive” – Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton
9. “Had a Dream (For the Heart)” – Wendy Moten and O.N.E The Duo
10. “I Know Where I’m Going” – Barnett, Lynne & West
11. “Let Me Tell You About Love” – Carl Perkins and Raul Malo
12. “John Deere Tractor” – Rob Ickes & Trey Hensley and Molly Tuttle
13. “Cry Myself to Sleep” – Wynonna Judd and Trisha Yearwood
14. “Love Can Build a Bridge” – Jelly Roll, K. Michelle and The Fisk Jubilee Singers
Wynonna & Trisha Come Together To Record A Song For The Judds Tribute Album
Another collaboration on the record is between Trisha Yearwood and Wynonna Judd herself. They reimagined “Cry Myself to Sleep,” which was originally featured on The Judds’ album Rockin’ with the Rhythm.
“Cry Myself to Sleep” was released in 1986, and was a #1 hit on the Hot Country Songs chart. It also ranked at the #6 spot on the year-end Hot Country Songs chart.
Trisha and Wynonna have been friends for years, but this marks their first time ever recording a song together:
“We have known each other for years but have never worked together,” Wynonna told American Songwriter. “In today’s world of technology, artists often don’t get to be in the same room as the other person to record a song. It was so refreshing! I am thrilled with the song, and I cannot wait to sing it live with her.”
Trisha told American Songwriter, “I’m a true fan, and singing with Wynonna has been a dream come true! I’m proud to be a part of honoring the music that Naomi and Wynonna created.“
Now, you can hear Trisha and Wynonna’s “Cry Myself to Sleep” duet in the clip below. We hope y’all enjoy it.